7/2/08

so it's come to this

sleep. work. lunch. work. tv. sleep.

welcome to your new life, mark.

I hate to sound trite, yet the past month really has been a blur. seems like I didn't waste any time when it came to finding work after graduating. the day after my last final, I began full time work at this medical accounting firm in beverly hills (don't worry, it only sounds cool).

so skip over the whole graduation ceremony, the seeing of family, the ending of instruction and the various activities designed for sending off seniors. it wasn't until I sat down at chipotle in my dress shirt and pants with my steak burrito facing the window at all the people leisurely walking around and shopping that I realized that it was finally all over. my life had finally taken a major turn and I had nothing but full days of work to look forward to.

sleep. work. lunch. work. tv. sleep.

sound fun? everyone always says they don't want to get to the real world after college. I finally see why.

but fortunately for me, I'm not completely there yet (thank God for this last class I have to take). it's the final class of my undergraduate career (and I'm going to try and enjoy every second of it). isn't that frightening? I've been talking to alot of high school seniors lately, and I can't help but reiterate the fact to them that they are so lucky. they've got the best times of their lives ahead of them, and I tell them to make sure they enjoy it. cause after this 4 year long party, it's pretty much downhill.

okay, so maybe I'm being a little melodramatic. but still. college was only a couple of weeks ago for me, yet it seems so far away. knowing that for the next 40 years of my life, I'll be behind a computer in an office is kinda...saddening. in other words, oh shit.

I shouldn't complain though, I'll still be in Westwood for the next year, so maybe things aren't gonna change so much (I'll get more into that later). some of my closest friends have moved away already, and some of the people I interacted with here at school I realized I may never see again in my life. taking that into account, for me it's still

sleep. work. lunch. work. tv. sleep.

and that alone depresses me.

wow, that was emo. but it's my blog and i can rant if i want to.

"yeah you know, the greek drink ouzo. it's like being bitch slapped by a christmas tree."
-JC

No comments:

Post a Comment