8/4/08

I won't pay, I won't pay ya, no way. Why don't you get a job

MARK SOLOMON
TRANSIT OPERATIONS, SANTA MONICA BIG BLUE BUS
-as read on my employee badge

it's got a nice ring to it, huh?

it's only been my first day of real career-ish work, but hey, it feels good to know that I'm finally stepping into a field that I'm genuinely interested in. I started my morning hungover and at 6am, and over the course of the day I was introduced to a multitude of names I won't remember and more information on the operations of a public transit system than all the things I've learned in my classes in the past year. had it been any other field, I would have been exhausted and hot and bothered. but it was different today. I was actually excited to get into this!

of course, me taking this job has effectively tied me to living in westwood for at least the next few months, if not the next year, kinda clashing with my grand master daddy plan of ultimately leaving this godforsaken region (SoSucksCal) for...

who knows. somewhere different. I haven't thought that far ahead yet.

on that note, I leave you with a cat eating corn.



"guess who got a B+ in art history? not me, cause I got an A!"
-NB

No comments:

Post a Comment