6/8/09

Where are you going, little one?



So my little sister graduated from high school earlier this week. In addition to making me feel hella old, she has also become the youngest in the family to graduate from high school (and without end of the year panics...long story) and finally leave home, effectively making my parents empty nesters. It's a bittersweet moment. I've gotta hand it to my parents though. 30 years of marriage (as of June 16!) and 28 years of kids...somethin like that has got to take a toll on the body. And after all that (the most "aww-worthy" moments highlighted in the above video), it's no wonder they can find solace in a simple iphone app game.

And so, it being graduation season (I've still got a slew to go to next weekend) has made me realize that first: everyone I know decided to graduate on the same year apparently, and second: it's also been a year since I finally walked that stage for the very first time (remember that long story I briefly mentioned earlier?). However, as my monetary restraints keep me from buying everyone I know a graduation gift, the best I could do is impart you recent graduates with the knowledge and advice of things to come from one who has walked your same path before (and this both applies to high school and college graduates):

You're gonna get fatter.

But you're gonna have the time of your life doing so.

"I can tell you're not Dutch!
...because you're not tall!"
-My uncle's friend

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. tell your sister i said, "congratulations."

    that last picture with the dinosaur slays me, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WORD!! to your piece of advice... sheesh. sigh. wen i find the motivation to go back to the gym.. i will... or wenever im no longer doing projects every hour of my life (excluding work and actual class time)... whichever comes first.

    ReplyDelete