3/9/11

analogy

I just read an article about a student in Nevada who was caught for "hacking" into his school network and charging other students to improve their grades.

Those of you who know me know about my little bout of "hacking" I performed in high school, wherein I had access to the school network (if you don't know, ask me!). Hacking, in the definition of the article, and in my case, happens to be just having access to the password to the network. It's not really hacking, it's just finding some method of getting the password in the first place.

Now, this kid was actually smart enough to start a ring involving a team of 13 students to find a way to change other students' grades, and made a profit off of them! Now that's entrepreneurship.

What did I and my 3 friends who were involved in my "hacking" scheme do when we had similar power? Juvenile things like changing the wording on tests, editing the word "analogy" to "anal orgy" and other rather vulgar statements I can't recall. Just imagine if I had been a bit more assertive and thought of ways to make money off of my shenanigans. I probably could've had some extra cash. I could've had some sort of notoriety and fame. I probably could've been featured on some internet blog.

But alas, no, I went down the path of "anal orgy" instead.

"you went to school in hayward? but that area is so bad! how in the world did you make it to UCLA?"
-VC

No comments:

Post a Comment