10/19/08

my stream of consciousness

Since I have nothing coherent or even kinda interesting to write about (since my life has been consumed by work, eating, sleeping, eating some more and then more work), I've decided instead to just list a random list of things I have found at least slightly amusing.

A couple of weeks ago I got trapped in my elevator. On Taco Tuesday, of all nights! And learned that the alarm on the elevator only works when you don't need it, and never when you do.

I hit a bicyclist while driving the other day. I didn't realize she was crossing the street and before I knew it, she rode right into the side of my car. She didn't fall off, just flew forward a bit. I tried to ask her if she was alright, but she just kept on riding away.

I read on some random blog somewhere that one of the things the blogger hates about some blogs is that their authors don't put up a profile of themselves. So I put up a profile of myself. Take a gander.

So according to experts, boxed wine is better for the environment than wine that normally comes in bottles. 90% of the country's wine production is on the West Coast, but a majority of the consumers live on the East Coast.

Thus, the amount of emissions that are emitted while transporting wine across the country are great. Boxed wine is better for the environment, since generally boxes of wine are lighter than glass bottles, thus putting less stress on the freight that transport them, leading to less fuel that is needed, and thereby reducing greenhouse gases. In other words, keep it classy!

If any of you received a call in the past week or so from a website named "wakerupper.com" and it told you some sort of message such as "you need to re-evaluate your life," well, I'm to blame for that, thanks to this website. Yeah, so in my boredom at work (and thanks to a website that offered numberous office pranks I could play), I decided to randomly send messages to people through this website. Luckily for you guys, the website banned the computer's IP address from my workstation, and I am no longer allowed to use the website from work. But they didn't stop me from my laptop (yet).

This has become one of my favorite websites to get quotes. Here's one of the good ones:
"Almost everyone in the world watches television, and millions of people are involved in television production, and yet there is not a single show on TV that accurately depicts real life. This will doom you to a life of shatter expectations as you have already spent about 30% of your existence watching sitcoms."

oh so true.




if you get it, you can't say you didn't at least laugh quietly to yourself. More here.

"we may suffocate, but at least we won't starve. at this rate, we'll run out of oxygen before we run out of tacos"
-ST

No comments:

Post a Comment