10/1/08

diversity day

Although much of my working history has been spent in offices, I feel as if I've been lacking "The Office" -like experiences. For the most part, my jobs have been very "Reno 911"-ish or similar to "Clerks" and some with a hint of "Real World."

But I figure I was due, and today I finally got a Steve Carrell situation. So today at the office, lacking tasks to do in the morning, I was given a huge, very important project. Apparently my supervisor and his boss had some sort of conflict over what the difference between a memo and a bulletin was (apparently one had believed one was for information and the other for policy, and vice versa).

So me, being the innocent little intern, was commissioned to discover and research the difference between the two. How? I was given 3 huge binders-worth of all the memos and bulletins from the past 3 years, and was told to read every single one and take note of the differences between the two. Super.

So I read a few, don't take note of anything, fall asleep for half an hour on my chair, and spend the rest of the day on yahoo and digg. Later I make up some BS venn diagram explanation of the differences between the two (using only my common sense), and leave 15 minutes early.

Such is my life.

"today, I am going to research the average lifespan of yellow highlighters."
-JG

No comments:

Post a Comment