11/4/08

soak it up



Where were you when the United States of America elected their first non-white president? Where were you when the citizens of the United States chose to transcend years of bigotry and discrimination and set aside their fears and xenophobic nature to allow what would have unimaginable no more than 40 years ago?

Think about what you were doing the moment they announced Barack Obama as the president elect of the free world. You'll remember it for the rest of your life, because you know years down the line, you will be telling your kids about the night the playing field changed on the political stage, much like your own parents told you about the day Nixon resigned, the unraveling of the events of the Cuban Missile Crisis, or the day the Berlin Wall fell.

Me? I was at Del Taco. That's what I'm gonna be telling my kids.

"if you don't like the heat, get out of the kitchen. I can eat my garlic wherever I want."
-Motor Coach Operator Ranshowlee

No comments:

Post a Comment