5/10/09

...That's where I'm a viking!

So I emerged from the basement today with a tinge of hunger and an urge to go to the bathroom (the only two reasons I ever leave the basement nowadays). Often I find myself sickened at how many hours I can spend down here staring at two screens (the laptop and the TV).

What I saw was a strange sight. My uncle, my aunt, and my little cousin each had a laptop. My aunt and uncle on the couch and my little cousin at the kitchen table. Everyone was in the same room and within inches of each other, but not a word was spoken. Nothing but blank stares into oblivion. I walked past the kitchen, mouthed an "okaaay" to myself, and descended back into the basement where I stopped feeling so bad about trapping myself down here and being on the computer so much.

Welcome to the reality of today's modern family!

"tell her to find a job as a teacher here in Chicago! there's enough black people here."
-MO

2 comments: