8/21/09

kicking the pail

You know you have one. And if you don't, then you've probably considered making one at some point.

We all have some sort of list of things we want to see/do in our lifetime. I've talked about it more extensively amongst people in the past, but only now am taking the effort to write it down. So here's mine, in no particular order:

-go in one of those tubes where the money is flying around (like you see in Vegas or in game shows!)
-do a pole vault successfully
-watch fireworks from a plane/helicopter (I'm sure the view would be awesome)
-wrestle in a fat suit
-go to the opening ceremony of the Olympics (but who could top China, really)
-climb Half Dome (but where the hell would you start climbing??)
-drive cross country in an RV
-go to a shooting range, and fire an automatic weapon...at a watermelon
-do a favor for someone who can't repay it
-see a Cirque Du Soleil show (cause I want my own trippy knocked up-esque experience!)
-see the Blue Man Group live (I mean, I've got their cds already)
-climb a rock wall (but wouldn't climbing Half Dome be kinda like climbing a rock wall?)
-go to a taping of The Daily Show (and grovel at Jon Stewart and exclaim "we're not worthy! we're not worthy!)
-finish the ladder game...successfully!(someday, someday.)
-go on those bouncy things that people jump on and launch you into the lake
-go to the Gilroy Garlic Festival (and try that famed garlic flavored ice cream)
-own a player piano
-make my own wine(yes I realize there is already a wine named after me...I still want my own though!)
-learn at least one song on the accordion (my inspiration):

-get in trouble enough with the police to be yelled at but not arrested
-go on price is right (that's me high-fiving the lady who was called down at about 9 seconds in):

-go to a county fair (why yes, that is a deep fried white castle burger. completely unnecessary and probably life reducing...but totally worth it):

I'm sure I'll more to add down the line. Till then...

"it's a Hugo Boss scent...as recommended by a homosexual!"
-BS

5 comments:

  1. i wanna climb half-dome too! & go to the gilroy garlic festival...let's do this together

    ps im always taking favors and can never repay them,

    ReplyDelete
  2. we totally can do all these things together now, since we're both moving back to the Bay...

    ReplyDelete
  3. i didn't realize you posted my accordion band on you blog. awesome.

    someday, i'll teach you to play and you can wipe it off your list.

    p.s. i've done cirque du soleil, and it's definitely an experience.

    ReplyDelete
  4. well, Edwyn, I did tell you that you and your group were my inspiration!

    someday I'll learn from you, someday...

    ReplyDelete
  5. in observance of my return to the motherland, ive thought of one bucket-list thing for me: successfully use the CR...without toilet paper.

    greetings from the philippines!

    -squidward

    ReplyDelete