10/25/09

EWDBF

I hate to be categorized to be one of those bloggers who doesn't blog enough, to the point where every post I put up always starts off with "sorry everyone, I haven't updated in like...forever," but for those of you who do know me, my normally less substantive posts about what I'm doing with my life at the moment or the random news articles I run into have been relegated to my more popular alter-ego on a certain site known as twitter. As such, I only write in here when I have something inspired to write. Thing is, if I haven't been inspired...I don't write.

And perhaps it's because what's been going on in my life has been kinda uninspiring...by my standards, at least. 6 months prior, I was living thousands of miles away in a big city that was in the running to host he Olympics in 2016, and had already seen everything in between. I was young, I had savings, I was sightseeing, I was criticizing students' hilarious attempts to celebrate diversity, but most importantly, to put it one way, I definitely wasn't home.

Nowadays, while I live under my parents' roof, sleep in my sister's room, and have nightly whiskey and cokes with my dad, I wake up everyday to commute to an office at the top of a building where I sit in a cube and stare at bus schedules all day...leaving me to wonder...

...is this it?

"you smell a maple bar too? phew...I'm glad I'm not the only one...I thought I was havin' a stroke or something."
-AL

No comments:

Post a Comment