10/26/09

So...what kind of music do you listen to?

...probably one of the most bland, cop-out questions someone will ask in an attempt to try to get to know you...and yet for some reason people willingly ask it, and others willingly respond.

I never usually have a straight, common answer for this question, so I let my zune do the talking. Here were the first 5 songs that came up when I put it on shuffle:


What Music Do You Listen To?

So what kind of music do I listen to? Hell, I still I don't have an answer for you.

"smells like food of cats"
-CG

4 comments:

  1. I can't tell you what I listen to either. It's too broad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it seems like 20somethings always categorize themselves based on musical tastes...

    ReplyDelete
  3. agreed. I mean, what kind of a question is it to ask when trying to get to know someone? like, omg he listens to deftones, he must be good with puppies, or something like that.

    I don't get it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. well, there is some use to asking the question other than some kind of ice breaker: i use it to discover new music and find people to discuss music with [sometimes that's all some people are good for]. and i usually don't ask that question upon first meeting.

    nice finding that "trash" is on your shuffle. i used to love that song.

    ReplyDelete