11/18/10

Day 322: expecto

I'm not one to go to midnight screenings normally, but here I was, hours before 11/19/10, the day the first half of the last Harry Potter movie is released. I've taken an effort to read all 7 books so I can learn to appreciate the mythos of the Wizarding World. While I've enjoyed the series mildly, I regret to say (kinda) that I probably won't be picking these books up again in the near future. It's an interesting story, to say the least, but with so many unnecessary details in between the first page of the first book and the last page of the 7th book (well, I'm currently only halfway through the 7th book...but you get my flow) that I can't help but feel it was a bit bloated with filler and repetitive story arcs throughout the books.

One thing I have learned from reading this series, however. Never read the book of a movie you're about to watch while waiting for the movie to start...it's like reading the script beforehand.

No comments:

Post a Comment