12/4/10

Day 338: I just want to entertain!


Somehow I got convinced to volunteer to be a costumed character in the Oakland Holiday Parade today.
No, I don't know who I played either. Apparently this beady eyed blonde kid is Eddie of the Fisher Price Little People. He's one of those characters you'd only be aware of if you were a kid under 4 or if you were a young adult who's raising a kid under 4. In either case, I didn't have quite the name or face recognition as the Cat in the Hat or the Curious George costumes got.

The suit had 3 layers, smelled of musk, and was so hot inside, the mask even had a fan built into it. The overall experience was fairly horrendous, but I do what I can to spread joy in the hearts of the children in Oakland.

Plus, being in a parade was on my bucket list anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment