12/6/10

Day 340: #IAmTheCoolOne


Tonight was the company holiday party (or, due to corporate regulations since we cant' have a 'holiday' related 'party,' we had the 'seasonal get-together' tonight).

It was exactly as I had expected, the same boring coworkers, sitting awkwardly around each other in semi-silence with nothing much to talk about but actual work. In fact, it's exactly like it was last year (with the exception that there was no open bar tonight, which made the whole experience even more excruciatingly awkward).

Something I noticed though. I don't mean to sound cocky or anything, but dammit I was the life of the party (and those of you who know me personally, I have a tendency to be boring and dull, so this is really saying alot). I mingled with the clients, I told the stories that which everyone held on to every word (my participation in the parade this past weekend was a hot topic)...In fact, when it was one short hour into the party, the moment I said I had to leave for class early, everyone decided that it was time to go to. Am I the cool trend setter or what? (I realize that they may just have been waiting for an excuse to leave...but hey, lemme have this one).

In either case, I brought the party. I took the party with me. I am alpha male (and really, that is saying alot about my office).

2 comments:

  1. Wow you did take the party with you but not to class haha. ok that was lame.

    I'm so sorry that your party wasn't happening. But you know my aunt made a point about how holiday parties you can't take your kids with you so she doesn't go. I guess you can say our party was fun and we had a good time--which we did. It was my first grown-up holiday party :-P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lucky you.

    this is my 3rd 'grown-up' holiday party and I've only had one good one thus far.

    I need to get out of this job. haha

    ReplyDelete