9/5/11

mm64

I feel like I had to include this track for this Monday, since over the weekend I heard some fairly ignorant statements during a listen of this particular album, "A Momentary Lapse of Reason":

"So the point of this type of music is not to sing along with it, it's to listen to them play their instruments? Crazy."

"How is it considered rock if there's no guitar?"

"What's an instrumental?"

"I can't believe music like this used to be popular...how did it get popular? On the radio?"

(When referring to the artwork on Jimi Hendrix's 'Electric Ladyland') "Why is he hanging out with white people? He doesn't seem like the kind of guy to hang around with white people"

Yes, this was all verbatim. And yes, she is around my age. It's shit like this, my generation! Shit like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment