12/10/08

I have joined the ranks...

...of the 3.18 million other people who are registered on the insta-blogging/status updated website Twitter. And apparently the moment I finished writing this past sentence, about 700 more people just registered for the site.

For those of you unfamiliar with Twitter, it's basically a site which personifies the facebook status updates. And for those of you unfamiliar with the facebook status updates, what you do is type (within 140 characters) an update on whatever you'd like, whether that be what you're doing at the moment (Mark is scratching his leg), what you're thinking (Mark is pondering life), or if you found or saw something interesting (OMG Mark just saw a squirrel run up a tree...FAST!) that you just have to share with whoever is following your updates. You can also follow other people's feeds to see what is they're up to, to see what they're doing at the moment, what they're thinking, or if they found or saw something interesting that they just had to share with whoever is following their updates. Anyways, I think these guys would probably explain it a little better:

My joining this site is slightly frightening to me, since it pretty much creates another outlet (alongside with gmail, hotmail, aim, and facebook) for me to neurotically sign on to and check frequently and search and add everyone I could possibly know.

As a matter of fact, why don't you just add me already, while we're on the subject:
http://twitter.com/markwidaq

female:(whistles)
male: (looks up) is that Bob?
female: do I look like a Bob?
-heard on the streets of Westwood

No comments:

Post a Comment