2/12/09

this worthless piece of...

So once again, I must must mourn the passing of a product of mine, this one slightly more annoying and much less expected.

As a self-proclaimed music geek, I have this penchant to always having my music around with me in portable form. When my ipod died last year, I researched and discovered the Sansa View 16gb player. It got pretty good reviews, and as a 16gb player for less than $100, it was a pretty much a steal.

But alas, "you get what you pay for-itis" decided to rear its ugly head, and much like clockwork, poor ol' sansa decided to die on me today. At first, I thought it was just the battery at first, or perhaps it was experiencing another one of its signature hiccup freezes (more on this later).

But no, turns out my sansa breathed its last song (Hung up on my baby by Isaac Hayes, fyi), and once again I was left with a dead mp3 player. The timing couldn't be any better either, especially since I'm driving 6 hours home tomorrow.

What a waste, he didn't even die for a cause.

So maybe it's because I bought it refurbished, or it's because I dropped it once on my hardwood floor, but come on. I bought my ipod refurbished, and dropped it on the sidewalk multiple times, and that thing served me for a good 2 or 3 years.

But I guess it was an inferior product to begin with. The sound quality was quieter than other models I have experience with, and along with sluggish menu navigation, sometimes the whole machine would just freeze and malfunction if you pressed the next button.

In other words, DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT.

So now I'm on the market (and I'm looking for an MP3 player too). Anyone have any suggestions where I should start? I like the physical size of the ipod nano, but 16gb just isn't enough (unless there's expandable memory), and I've since been spoiled with video playback.

In other news, since I officially made the announcement to move to Chicago, I've heard nothing but bad things about the city. It didn't worry me too much, until Yahoo came out with an article stating that Chicago is the 3rd most miserable city to live in.

Aw come on. You've gotta be kidding me. But still, I say eff it. The very thought of Chicago-style pizza (over there, they just call it pizza) being readily available is enough to nullify any survey and article put on by any reputable national news site.

36 days.

"Watch yo' back skank, or i might have to start spreading rumors... juicy juicy rumors. Have a great day =) *HIGH FIVE*"
-KI

1 comment: