2/10/11

yawn

I feel like I've been in some kind of stupor lately. I'm not entirely sure what's induced it, or how to remedy it. I can ask for more time to myself, yet I find that even those hours are squandered clicking aimlessly through the various tabs of links I had been meaning to peruse through, skimming a few lines here and there, getting bored, and ultimately falling back to refreshing my twitter page every 5 or so minutes. Before I know it, it's past midnight and like anyone approaching the twilight of their lives, I find myself thinking back to the 'good ol' days' when it was still 7pm. The night was so young back then. It had so many ambitions.

Maybe I just need to unplug for awhile. Maybe I need to be poked on facebook or see my screenname with an '@' in front of it on twitter, just to make sure I'm still alive.

For the record, I'm not exactly feeling down or sorry for myself. Just a little brain dead.

To accentuate what I'm feeling at the moment (or perhaps to highlight ways to mitigate the situation), here's a fairly interesting RSA animate piece on what exactly motivates us:


And if a 10 minute video is too long for you to comprehend/follow/pay attention to, here's a video of Shaq conducting the Boston Pops:


"I wish I was a Jedi...my beer is over there"
-EP

2 comments:

  1. <3 chin up twin

    get out and do something tonight!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh I use to press the refresh on the twitter page when I was bored too but now I've been so busy at work and I don't carry my phone in the lab so I don't tweet in lab ahh!

    ReplyDelete