9/24/08

2. There are Filipino equivalents of so much of our media

Have you ever heard of Kapamilyang Deal or No Deal? Or I love Betty La Fea? Or Survivor Philippines?



No, not Survivor that takes place in the Philippines, rather, the reality show Survivor with Filipino contestants. I mean, where the hell could they go that’s more exotic? Haha.



But the shows are practically the same as their American equivalents, with the exception of an all Filipino cast, the obvious language difference, and much more synchronized dancing:



If you know me well, you’ll know that alternative versions of certain media are hilarious to me, and to see an equivalent here in the Philippines just made laugh out loud.

You could probably imagine my reaction when I first saw the video to this song MTV Asia:



“So you know how they eat balut on the American version of Fear Factor? Do they eat burgers on the Filipino version of Fear Factor?”
-AR

No comments:

Post a Comment