1/25/10

Day 25: maybe on a librarian’s salary…


Since my local library decided to close for 4 months without warning, I've been on sort of a hunt for other not as close but still pretty local places to feed my desire for free books (and sometimes, cds). This is the 3rd different library I've been to in the past few weeks and what did I decide to check out this time? The Man in the High Castle by Phillip K. Dick, which takes place in an alternate reality in which FDR was assassinated in 1932 and the United States lost the war and was split into warring factions between the Germans and the Japanese, and The Gospel according to the Simpsons : The Spiritual Life of the World's Most Animated Family, which, I guess, is pretty self-explanatory.

4 comments:

  1. I got the suggestion from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, that book sounds very much awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the man in the high castle or the simpsons? cause they both are!

    ReplyDelete