1/26/10

Day 26: this little light of wine...I'm gonna let it shine


It's always been on my bucket list to make my own wine, and tonight, I got a little bit closer to doing so. Thanks to a $60 kit (I shopped around, believe me), I've got everything I need to make a legit merlot in as little as 31 days. Of course, I'd have to age it for a few years after that to really let it mature, but all the more reason to start as soon as possible.

So what to name this vintage 2010 red blend, aged in the bedroom of a 4th floor condo in South San Francisco? In celebration of the times, I was thinking maybe "Recession Red," and when I get to making a pinot grigio, possibly "Working Class White." Thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. oh don't worry Raphael, you were one of the first people I thought of giving a complimentary bottle of Recession Red to.

    ReplyDelete