1/1/10

Day 1: obligatory inaugural post

It's a new year, a new decade, I got new hours at work, I got plenty of new sweaters for Christmas and I got new underwear, so naturally, the next step would be to do something new with my blog.

I'm sometimes plagued with the whole "I-never-have-anything-of-any-importance-to-blog-about" syndrome (if you saw my last post, you'll notice I like long hyphenated phrases), so often I can go for weeks or even months without posting anything substantial. To remedy that, I'm borrowing an idea from a friend's blog, the 365 photo project.

Here are the rules:
-take a picture of something that happened to you today.
-post it up.
-ta-da.

I guess the biggest challenge of this project would be actually finding something interesting enough to take a picture of before I realize that my life is routine and mundane (last year would have been a much more interesting 365 photo project year). But I'll try, oh I will try.

So, let's get on with this. Day 1!!



Happy New Year 2010 from San Francisco! Large crowds, confiscated alcohol, the inherent smell of burned chronic, fireworks...last night had it all...

...except for a countdown!! What the...who hosts a new year's eve party without a countdown to the new year/decade? The clock just struck 11:58 (it was 2 minutes behind, by the way) and suddenly there were fireworks. Anticlimactic indeed.

"Let's face it. We're not Filipino, we're straight up Americanized."
-BS

1 comment:

  1. nonsense--there's always something interesting to post. it's just how to write it and make it seem interesting. >_>

    i see your new year's went well! happy 10! (is it cool to write 2010 like that now?)

    ReplyDelete