3/21/10

Day 80: in all their sliding glory


Seems like I find myself at these "secret" slides every few months nowadays. While the novelty on me has worn off since I first went (and added the picture as my default on facebook), I now have a standard spot to see for visitors to San Francisco or for those needing a new place to see in the city (like my dad on his birthday. Happy birthday Dad).

Still one thing I do appreciate is the presence of vantage points where you can get a decent view of the city as a whole without having to be airborne or from another 90 floor building in the middle of downtown. See, Chicago was all flat, meaning that if you wanted to go to a place with a view, you had to pay $15 to get to the top of the Hancock Building(or just follow my steps). The hills and mountains provide a cheap and fun way to get to an exceptional view of all the going-ons in San Francisco and are awesome date spots too, if you happpen to be into that sort of thing.

3 comments:

  1. ooh pretty...I must go too...but in May and for the weekend...and I'd like to go down that slide too.

    Also I must take note about seeing the view of Chicago the cheap way!

    ReplyDelete