7/5/10

Day 186: of the taco


On the long, holiday trafficky road back home from an eventful holiday weekend in SoCal, my parents and I stopped off at a Del Taco for dinner. It's today that I made a few realizations:
1) Every Del Taco, no matter what part of the state you're in (cause they're only in California so far, I think) has the same decor: multi colored chairs and walls that look like they were painted by elementary school kids who only know how to dab paint with a sponge
2) This place is only decent on Tuesday nights because...

...my friends and I once had a ritual of heading over to the local Del Taco every Tuesday night for their "Taco Tuesday" special. That is, 3 regular tacos for a buck. As starving students (and later, starving professionals), this was a decently priced and relatively tasty meal. Then one day, they raised the price to $1.09 for 3 tacos, and it was all downhill after that (plus, we all started moving away, so I guess that didn't help).

Anything else on their menu is gonna cause some serious indigestion and an unpleasant amount of gas (not a good mix for long car rides).

2 comments:

  1. I think I've been to that particular Del Taco off the 5. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you probably have...I think it's the only Del Taco off of the 5

    ReplyDelete