1/10/11

1001

I was afraid of this. The moment my 365 project ended, any incentive to write in my blog vanished. Desperate to find an excuse to keep my blog from vanishing into oblivion, apathy, and irrelevance, I decided to pull yet another gimmick project to force me to write in here.

Enter the 101 things to do in 1,001 days project.

It's exactly as it sounds. This is a list of 101 things I would like to accomplish within the next 1,001 days. It's not an uncommon blog theme, but I'd have to say I got the most inspiration to do this from Julie (so you can claim me as one of your converts on your number 101 task, Julie!). Now I know I'm posting this list a bit late, but I would like to have the start date as January 1, 2011. Which would mean that 1,001 days later would be September 28, 2013.

That all said, the following list is in no particular order. I merely divided them into categories, and will post whenever I have completed a task, and explain to you all in detail how I came about accomplishing said challenge.

Oh, and I'm making one teensy eensy modification to the rules here. I have elected to give myself 3 (and only 3) chances to change one of the challenges on here. After those 3 changes have been made, I can no longer make any more changes. Also, if I change one of my goals to something else or more realistic, I cannot change it back to what it was before if suddenly I feel like I actually can accomplish it.

Food-related
1. Design, perfect, name, and memorize a cocktail (not including my sangria)
2. Concoct my own marinade and bottle it
3. Concoct my own salad dressing and bottle it
4. Eat a fruit I have never had before
5. Eat at the Wynn buffet again
6. Go at least one week without having a drink
7. Go vegetarian for a week
8 Make my own cheese
9. Make my own pizza
10. Purchase and drink a bottle of Dom Perignon (with others, of course)
11. Try 25 new restaurants
12. Try at least one new recipe at once a month
13. Try the Bellagio buffet

Do for the first time
14. Actually follow through on a post crossing
15. Become a Yelp elite member
16. Bet $100 on something
17. Complete a 26 things a month thing http://www.sh1ft.org/26things/
18. Complete a teeth whitening program and take before/after pics
19. Drive on a race track
20. Email Steve Jobs that would warrant a response from him
21. Finish a sudoku
22. Fire a gun
23. Fly a kite
24. Fly in a hot air balloon
25. Get my fortune read
26. Go paintballing
27. Go rock climbing
28. Go to a mixer for professionals in a field I have absolutely no relation to and try to play if off like I am
29. Grow my beard/goatee out again and keep for a month
30. Have a 1,001 days completion party
31. Have a tasting party of the wine I have made
32. Invest in an SLR
33. Keep a plant alive for at least 6 months
34. Milk a cow
35. Pariticipate in a flash mob
36. Participate in a bike party
37. Pay for something that costs $5 or more using only change
38. Pay the bridge toll for a stranger
39. Play laser tag (now that I'm old enough to appreciate it)
40. Put a message in a bottle and throw it into the ocean (without getting caught for littering)
41. Ride on the sidecar of a motorcycle
42. Ride to every end of BART
43. Spend a whole week in sweats (if I don't happen to have a job to go to)
44. Take a photo of the same place for every month or a year and then turn it into a calendar for the next year
45. Take a picture of myself on the same day each month throughout the challenge
46. Teach someone something (that I know) from scratch
47. Tie a secret to a balloon and let it go
48. Walk down a steep hill in San Francisco backwards
49. Work in catering temporarily just long enough to go to a couple of interesting events
50. Write a letter to myself to be opened when the 1001 days is over
51. Write a message in a public bathroom (this doesn't count, it's technically outside of the bathroom)
52. Write an actual Yelp review

Watch/play/listen
53. Go to a comedy club
54. Go to a major film festival, like Sundance
55. Listen to "I'm on a boat" while on a boat
56. Listen to 50 new albums in their entiriety
57. Listen to every single recording of the Beatles at least once
58. Play and finish Bioshock (and if time allows, Bioshock 2)
59. Play through Final Fantasy 6 and 7 again
60. Read 25 new books
61. See a Cirque Du Soleil show
62. Spend a weekend watching the Simpsons Season 1-10 with someone who knows it just as well as I do
63. Start a last.fm account
64. Visit 10 museums and look at every single thing
65. Watch 100 movies (I haven't seen yet) from the Top 250 on imdb.com
66. Watch a concert at the Hollywood Bowl again
67. Watch a Giants game from McCovey Cove
68. Watch all the best picture Oscar nominees before the Academy Awards every year
69. Watch at least two TED lectures every month

Improvement
70. Finish my homepage on Flavors.me
71. Get my first job in the television/video editing/multimedia industry
72. Get my own pet other than my "pet" potato
73. Get rid of enough possessions of mine so I don't need to rent a storage space every month anymore
74. Make my linkedin account 100%
75. Pay off my credit cards
76. Save all of my change for 1001 days and cash it in when the challenge is done

Learn
77. Learn a new song on piano (one I don't already know or have perpetually memorized thanks to jazz band)
78. Learn Flash enough to confidently put it on my resume
79. Learn Illustrator enough to confidently put it on my resume
80. Learn Photoshop enough to confidently put it on my resume
81. Learn more than the 2 dance moves I already have memorized in swing

Make
82. Build something with legos again (one of those really advanced kits)
83. Complete a puzzle (one of those 3D ones, maybe)
84. *Private*
85. Make a stop motion video
86. Make my own -opoly
87. Make my own cheese
88. Win something in a contest because of something I've done, not just by chance

Visit
89. Attend a meetup and/or conference for bloggers
90. Go to an Oktoberfest celebration
91. Go to another multi-day music festival other than the jazz reggae fest
92. Go to the Gilroy Garlic Festival
93. Make another cross country trip by either car or train
94. Meet my nephew in the PI
95. "Move away from the Bay Area (if only temporarily, even!)"
96. Spend a New Year's Eve in NYC (perhaps in 2012, since it'll be the end of the world anyway)
97. Take a segway tour
98. Visit 10 national parks
99. Visit a winery where you have to pay to taste (and not flinch at the cost)
100. Visit my brother in China/the PI
101. Visit the CES at least once

2 comments:

  1. fruit suggestion: have you tried cherimoya??

    i still need to try your wine!

    hamsters make OK pets if you don't mind cleaning the cage every week. fish are ok too but i think it's a little more expensive at the outset with the tank and etc

    #76 & 45 are the same twice! :p

    86- lol related to that i saw that people can buy like monopoly based on their like husband/wife like couplesopoly omg who would play that so creepy

    i wanna go to the garlic festival! ive never been. im just totally intimidated by the crazy traffic there must be

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops! didn't even notice I put the same on both. gotta change that now...

    ReplyDelete