1/29/11

#11 Try 25 New Restaurants (4 of 25)

Try 25 New Restaurants
4
of 25

Jong Ga House
372 Grand Ave
Oakland, CA 94610

It's a well known fact that even crap Denny's food whipped up by some burly slob in a trucker hat can end up tasting like something that was cooked with exquisite care by the most elite chefs in the cuisine industry while you're drunk (I seriously just thought of that off the top of my head right now). I've been hard pressed to find some decent Korean food here in the Bay Area, and maybe coming down from a buzz from a beer binge probably biases my decision on how good all this food was.

That all aside, it was still oh so very tasty.

Standard Korean fare:


Standard Korean fare, meat class:


Oh but these. These. Seafood scallion pancakes. Not too greasy, not too seafood-y. The right texture, the right amount of crispiness interlaced with chewiness. Fun for your taste buds, inbebriated or not.

2 comments:

  1. that is the coolest banchan presentation ive ever seen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Despite living in LA forever...I've never had real Korean BBQ until I moved to SD.

    ReplyDelete