1/1/11

three six five

Five hundred, twenty five thousand, six hundred minutes later, my little 365 project is finally over.

It's strange. This is one of those moments in your life that you know is approaching, yet it always seems perpetually far away from happening that you never stop to think twice about how soon it actually is coming up, not unlike graduation day, or the day of your wedding, or something. Once it's finally here, you're not sure what to think. The wait is over, it's happening, or it's happened, and after the fact suddenly you're left with one lingering question:

What the hell do I do now?

I have to say that this 365 project almost gave me a sense of purpose everyday. It gave me a reason to blog. It gave you a reason to check my blog. Since January 1st, 2010, I had wired myself to always be on the lookout for what would be an "awesome picture of the day for today." Now that it's over, I'm stuck wondering what I'm going to blog about now.

Well, to be honest, I've been planning for this day for awhile. While I shuddered at the thought of writing actual blogposts again (not that I don't enjoy it...it's just that if I have nothing of substance to say for 2 months, I won't), I realized that this project doesn't have to die. It can be reincarnated in another form.

As such, I want to continue taking pictures of the day because its just so damn fun to chronicle everything that (sometimes isn't) happening in my life. It gives me something to look back on and reminisce on. It gives me an incentive to look for some intriguing part of my day that I wouldn't have found if I hadn't been spending so much effort on making sure I have something to post. I don't think I'll hold myself to the strict have-to-take-a-picture everyday standard I've had for the past year (and it was hard to find a picture to take if I did nothing but sit at work all day) this time around. Instead, my picture a day blog will resemble something more along the lines of the work of Jamie Livingston, in which he took a picture everyday until the day he died tragically young at the age of 41. He did his best to have a picture everyday, but would have a "placeholder" non-picture on days he didn't. In other words, I'm continuing the 365 project, but with less pressure.

With all that said finally out of the way, I wanted to give you guys a sampling of the my 2010 with what I believe are best pictures of each month. Enjoy.

January
Day 10:
Honorable Mention:
Day 26:

February
Day 45:

Honorable Mention:
Day 51:

March
Day 86:
Honorable Mention:
Day 70:

April
Day 103:
Honorable Mention
Day 116:


May
Day 128:
Honorable Mention
Day 143:

June
Day 154:
Honorable Mention
Day 179:

July
Day 206:Honorable Mention
Day 209:

August
Day 234:
Honorable Mention
Day 240:

September
Day 247:
Honorable Mention
Day 252:

October
Day 283:
Honorable Mention:
Day 277:

November
Day 307:
Honorable Mention
Day 317:

December
Day 338:
Honorable Mention
Day 358:

2 comments:

  1. Actually it made me think I should post more pictures too--especially now we have smart phones. hurray!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!! u did the pictures of the month thing. =D

    ReplyDelete