7/4/11

Day 10

Happy birthday America! What better way to celebrate but to partake in a true American tradition:That's right, I was there at the Coney Island International Hot Dog Eating contest, where I witnessed history as they held the very first women's competition. Sexy, huh?Sorry, pig, your kind is not wanted here:I actually had visited Coney Island a few years back, the first time I visited NYC back in 2008. At the time that I went (March), Coney Island had not opened up for the season yet, so seeing this kinda crowd here:...was a stark contrast from the crowd I saw back in 2008:Also, at the time, nothing was open out on the pier. So it was definitely strange to see this:...when I remembered it as this:Later we visited the Rockefeller Center, home of NBC Universal in New York City. If you watch 30 Rock, you may recognize this setting:Other scenic views today: a rowboat ride on the Central Park Lake:The sunset on the East Coast:And of course, fireworks:

No comments:

Post a Comment