7/23/11

Day 29

Found my way to Washington DC for the weekend. What's nice about being out here in NYC is that I'm within 4-5 hours of plenty of fun major cities. Philadelphia and Boston are also within a visitable distance from me, so I'll eventually find my way out there too. First stop, the White House, which looks a lot smaller in real life than they make it seem in the movies: Hey look, it's the house on the 20 dollar bill!:
Washington DC's metro stations are incredibly dark...unless I've just grown accustomed to NYC's artificially lit tunnels.
The neighborhood I stayed in while in DC...
...isn't it just fucking adorable?
It's been a while since I've been in a town where the sky can be seen, the streets aren't crowded and there isn't a constant hum of honking, buses, and screaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment