7/10/11

Day 16

One thing I like about NYC is how nature (albeit, Central Park is completely man-made) merges and coexists with the built environment. You can have a skyscraper next to a lake, because you can (like a baawws).
I later went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art, or The Met, as people around here call it. Got to enjoy an exhibit by the late Alexander McQueen (look him up) and Richard Serra (look him up too).

I always said there were certain things about art I'd never understand. Like how this is supposed to represent pain:
And this one slavery:
Later that day I went to the Bastille Day celebration out here on 60th Street and Lexington Avenue. As expected, the mix of Francophiles, tourists, locals who happened to be passing by, and of course me ensured that the street was crowded and moving around was damn near impossible.At the very least, I got to eat some very colorful macarons.

3 comments:

  1. ooh macaroons so jealous! I'm kind of on a macaroon hunt in San Diego but I'm sure happy to find some Thai coconut pancakes!

    Anyways I'm so glad you're doing a 365 day - NYC style! I've never been to New York City so I'm glad I've got your set of eyes leading the way. It seems like you're enjoying NYC and your new job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. god damn it i want macarons (in new york city)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew you guys would get a kick out of the colorful, colorful macarons.

    well if you ever make it out to NYC, I'd be happy to take you around

    ReplyDelete