7/28/11

Day 34

Taking a 50% paycut for a career change and moving out to the most expensive city in America has left me to be one broke motherf*cker. As a result, I've had to take advantage of any chances for free food. Every Thursday my office buys bags of bagels, so those days I enjoy bagels for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Other days, I scour the internet to see happenings and events around the city that I can crash and get free food at.

Is that just pathetic of me? Too bad. I've gotta do what I gotta do.

On the bright side, in addition to the wonderfully free food I get, I also get to enjoy whatever the event I'm crashing is featuring. Today - the Chelsea Art Walk, not unlike similar art walks I have attended in the past in Oakland and San Francisco.
Not sure if you can see this, but this large mosaic type thing is actually made out of dollar bills. See it?
No? Take a closer look:
Here too.Free food acquired: fruit platters and white wine.


Moving down the street, I went to another art gallery where the exhibit consisted of pictures taken by people on their cell phones.


The lower captions of the photos listed who took the picture, what app or effects they used, and the kind of phone they used.Free food acquired: Pesto feta and lettuce and tomato on flat bread, beer.

Dinner is served.

No comments:

Post a Comment