9/13/10

Day 256: office excitement


I've never had my nametag on an office door before (and above my officemates, since you know me=awesome), so I guess this is kinda a big deal. Surprisingly enough, I expected myself to be more excited about this somewhat momentous occasion, much like the excitement I felt back when I first started working out of college.

But I felt nothing of the such. Reflecting on the past 2 years in which I've been a part of this thing called the "real world," I've spent a good majority of my time behind a desk, possibly in a cube, with a proprietary and obligatory email address (somevariationofmyfirstandlastname@insertcompanyhere.com) with the only consolation being that I can tweet about how mundane the work I'm doing is.

I'm not sure I like it. And I'm getting a bit afraid that I'm becoming a bit too jaded too fast.

2 comments:

  1. moving on up? i'd be more excited getting a pay raise than a shared office.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh if only...my 3 percent raise 8 months ago just isn't gonna cut it

    ReplyDelete