6/3/10

Day 154: times are a changin'


It's been a long 4 years since I've taken stage with my high school band as an alumni, and even then, 2 years before that since I had really performed music. Tonight was nostalgic, as it was recently announced that our band teacher was finally being let go after 11 years of service due to the canceling of the instrumental music program at my high school.

We shared some fun times together in high school, and we definitely went places (Disneyland, Washington DC, Japan...twice!), so it was nice to all get together again, considering I hadn't even seen some of these people in years (and this was the first time we've all gotten together since we came of age to drink, so...we celebrated that too).

2 comments:

  1. oh no! they're canceling your high school music program! that's terrible! I did play violin for a long time but I never played for high school--my high school and middle school never had an orchestra. it would've been nice because a lot of my friends were in band and I thought it would be cool sharing those memories of traveling and crazy hotel stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. damn, dude, i hope the audience was more than those few people in that latter picture.

    ReplyDelete