6/27/10

super comments!

Apparently I got a "Super Comments Award" from my friend and fellow blogger, Julie at "Roads are Made by Traveling." Go me. And thanks Julie!

So let's see here...I think the rules are...
1. Thank person who nominated you...check.
2. Copy the award. Paste it in your blog...ah, here we are:

...check.
3. Link to the person who gave me this award...check.
4. Answer the 10 questions that come with the award...getting to that.
5. Nominate of few of your favorite bloggers for the award...ehh, I'm just gonna choose some folks randomly for this "award," though you guys can just ignore the "super comments" part about it, and just re-post this as a "mark called me out in his blog" award.

Kim at "Living Indescribably Forever-Lasting Experiences"...because you need more than 2 posts.
Amanda at "Unfinished" ...because this would be an interesting post for your 2 readers.
Carlos at "the warm thrill of confusion/that space cadet glow" ...because this'll give you something to talk about on your monthly post.
Beverly at "Yacketeeyakking" ...because I know that you're trying to get into writing more thought-provoking entries, and re-posting this probably isn't gonna help with that...but hey, just wanted to say hi!
Joan Rose at "A Cuppa Joan" ...because I'm on a mission now to get you to start blogging again.
And finally Raphael at "A Merankorikku Boy" ...because I know you're going to answer these questions with the same amount of seriousness as I am...which is to say, hardly any.

And now, THE MEME.
1. Why do you blog?
As I mentioned on my inaugural post some 1,028 days ago, this is my 6th blog I've created in the past..nearly 10 years, really. I used to write in these things to vent awkward teenage hormonal imbalances...now I do it mostly as an excuse to take a picture everyday.

2. What are your 3 best memories?
Oh, there's way too many to choose from, and some of my best memories I'd rather not make public. Maybe I'll make a post of them in the future.

3. If you had to change your real name what would you change it to?
Max Power. I saw it on a hair dryer.

4. What are five things you can’t live without?
-a steady and readily available connection to the internet
-good conversation, with or without good wine
-good wine, with or without good conversation
-my imagination, because I'm not entirely sure what else I'd do on my commute to work
-a toothbrush...have you ever tried to go 3 or 4 days without one? It's a harrowing experience

5. What are the 4 best books you’ve ever read?
"Deadeye Dick" by Kurt Vonnegut
"Choke" by Chuck Palahniuk
"Outliers" by Malcolm Gladwell
"Planet Simpson: How A Cartoon Masterpiece Defined A Generation" by Chris Turner
Any of the Wayside Stories books...remember those???

6. Tell me something unique and interesting about yourself.
Sarcasm is second nature, so don't take me too seriously and laugh at all my stupid jokes.

7. What do you love best about yourself?
See above.

8. What is the best movie ever made?
There's a difference between the "best movie" ever made, and my favorite movie. Because I can say that Back to the Future and The Godfather trilogies are some of my favorite movies, but they're probably not the best movies ever made (ok, The Godfather kinda is). And Vertigo and 2001: A Space Odyssey are probably some of the best movies ever made, but they're certainly not my favorites.

9. If you had a “freaky friday” experience who would you trade places with and why?
Some sort of animal, like a dog or a butterfly or an ewok or something. But if I had to choose a human, first, I'd want to trade places with someone who's 10, so I can feel the rush of energetic youth again. Then I'd want to trade places with someone who's 30 or 40 years older than I am, so I have an idea of what I have to look forward to.

10. What’s the best part about being a woman?
I'm not...or should I change the question to better fit me? Naw, too lazy to think of an answer at this point.

"the Haight-Ashbury is a district where Haight Street and Ashbury Street made love and gave birth to hippies"
-BS

1 comment:

  1. i'm quite honored, mr. solomon. i wish i had seen this before my newest post. i'll try to be better than posting monthly, just like i used to be.

    ReplyDelete