6/8/10

Day 159: free


As if I haven't pitched it enough, the Car Free Challenge Week has finally come to an end. Did I reduce the amount of miles I drove? Yes (if you don't count some things here and there). Am I more aware of the environmental impacts of excessive oil use? Yes. Would I like to support transit advocacy with a donation to TransForm? Probably not for a while, you guys cleaned me out. Did I enjoy the free beer they gave me at the kickoff party and the end of the week happy hour get together? Oh yes.

To show their appreciation to all the participants, TransForm gave away prizes for various reasons, whether you drove the least or if you raised the most money, or whatever. I was a lucky recipient of one of those prizes (a TransForm water bottle!), for being the runner up to the funniest story (if you haven't already read this on my facebook or twitter, you probably don't know me.
BART Operator: "Please stand clear of the doors."

Overzealous passenger who was possibly on drugs: "Yeah! Stand clear of The Doors! 'Cause Jim Morrison will kick your ass!"


There was also a raffle to give a chance to those who didn't have funny stories or were too lazy to raise money to win some prizes. I normally never win raffles, but today, I was lucky enough to win yet another prize...another water bottle. Yay yuh?

No comments:

Post a Comment