5/31/10

Day 151: tgif


So I've always heard about it, knew it was there, but never bothered to visit the row of houses that shows up on the opening of Full House until my friend coerced me into putting it into our tour of San Francisco itinerary.
eh? eh?

Seeing this in person has added to my list of buildings that appear on old sitcoms that I've visited in real life, the first being Cheers:

and the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air house (which is actually in Brentwood, really)

So I've decided to make it a point to visit more of the homes of our old favorite tv sitcom families. So far all I've decided on was the Family Matters home (1516 W. Wrightwood Avenue, Chicago), the Monk Cafe from Seinfeld (2880 Broadway, New York) and the Mrs. Doubtfire house (2640 Steiner Street, San Francisco).

Any other suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. Coerced is a strong word. I merely suggested that we put it on the itinerary if we have time. Check out this blog when you get a chance.

    http://robert.accettura.com/blog/2009/06/27/sitcom-homes-on-google-maps/

    It has a list of sitcom houses. We now have to find to actual tanner residence used. Their home is at 1709 Broderick Street, San Francisco. I saw that Brady Bunch and Malcolm in the Middle Homes are in SoCal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're right. I do most of the coercing in this friendship.

    another beer, edwyn?

    ReplyDelete