4/13/10

Day 103: zip


The British Columbia Department of Tourism, for the sake of promoting tourism to British Columbia, has graciously set up a free zipline through the Embarcadero in San Francisco. We had made an attempt to ride these things previously on Saturday, unfortunately to no avail, thanks to the Disneyland-esque lines and the 500 person per day limit.
Disclaimer: not me

So we learned our lesson, came back today, and thanks to a well crafted excuse to come into work late, I found my way back in line, with a guarantee of getting on this time.
the prospect of having to climb this thing was actually the scariest part

After climbing who knows how many stories up, we strapped up, hooked up to the cable, and were soon experiencing what it felt like to be falling to our deaths

"you all are really missing out!" I yelled to the spectators down there...the awkward part was that I had to walk back past these people after I finished up
this was the best picture I could get while flailing around upside down

1 comment: