4/29/10

Day 119: discarded


Found myself at the Discarded to Divine event tonight, which consisted of a runway show and auction to benefit the St. Vincent DePaul Society in San Francisco, thanks to some free tickets from the other half since she played a part in putting this whole shebang together.

Basically, the pieces that were up for auction were originally donated clothing, table cloths, etc etc that were redesigned by fashion designers into something "divine," which were then auctioned off throughout the night.
The pieces brought in modest amounts, ranging from $300 to $1500. I mean, I'd never pay that much for any piece of clothing, but hey, it's for a good cause. Plus, thanks to some mingling and a strategic 'leaving the party' time, I was able to pick up the most important thing on my way out tonight...free gift bags!

No comments:

Post a Comment