4/2/10

Day 92: Nomoskar, markwidaq!


In an unusual departure from my usual commute back from work, I decided to stop by downtown San Francisco. I needed to go to a particularly touristy spot of the city pick up some postcards since I signed up for PostCrossing, a site that gives you an address to send a postcard to randomly and someone on the other side of the world can do the same for you. I'm supposed to be writing to this girl in Finland, but so far I've kept her waiting a week and a half. Apparently postcards are hard to come by in Oakland and I do actually have some Chicago postcards leftover, though that would probably be a little misleading.

Anyways just some things about this picture: first, is it really tourist season enough that they have to bust out the open top buses? And why are there palm trees growing in the middle of an urban center whose climate consists primarily of mist and fog? And finally, nice car. Acura 3.2TL, cause, ya know, cause Acuras are really nice cars:

1 comment:

  1. I buy my postcards from CVS pharmacy if I'm in my neighborhood. But really I just buy them wherever I happen to be at the time and then send it to whoever in the world.

    I am curious what an Oakland postcard would look like since I've never been anywhere in the bay area.

    ReplyDelete