6/30/11

Day 6

My work is only about 6 or so blocks from Times Square, and I had a little bit of time to spare afterwards. I figured I might as well get a glimpse of my new town, so why not get the touristy stuff out of the way first. As you can see here, you may recognize this...you've probably seen it at least once a year. That ball at the top is alot smaller than it seems on TV.
Turning around from all that, you can just see the volume of people who are here. The thing is, probably only a fraction of these people are actually New Yorkers. Admittedly, I was one of these foreigners to the city, but still.

Remember when they had to evacuate Times Square because they had found some explosive material in an SUV here? Well there was an ongoing joke that whoever placed it there put it in the one spot that New Yorkers are never at.
Oh, and here's the opposite view again, this time from a bit further away. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment