6/30/11

Day 7

I am lucky in the sense that my office closes at 2pm on Fridays. As such, I will be getting my Friday afternoons to myself in order to sightsee and explore my new residence.
This here is all that's left at the World Trade Center. Well, there's more than was before, really. I visited back in 2008, and then it was still just a huge hole. Nowadays, you can actually get an idea of what they plan on filling that hole with. Here it is:
Right down the street was Wall Street, so of course I had to make an appearance.
I always imagined actual Wall Street to be much bigger than it is perceived on TV, but I guess that's true for any landmark, really.
New York Stock Exchange (fuck yeah, America!)
Made my way up to Union Square afterwards (not the one in San Francisco), but an aesthetically pleasing place nonetheless.
The one thing I noticed about New York is that there is an abundance of places to just sit, chill, and people watch. Every park I've passed by since I've been here has had every bench occupied by all different varieties of residents (or tourists...who knows). This park was no different.

No comments:

Post a Comment